A technically minded Software Engineer looking for an exciting career in the development of space related applications and services
To join our experienced software team developing bespoke applications within the space domain. Opportunities exist to be involved in all of the key software lifecycle aspects: requirements, design, development and test.
Responsibilities / Duties
The developer will also be responsible for:
- Software design to implement the features / requirements compatible with the application and platform architecture.
- Implementation of high quality software source code
- Unit and integration testing of the software
- Linux/Windows development and scripting
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in relevant subject with Software Engineering modules or equivalent experience
- User requirement analysis
- Functional Testing
- Descriptive design documentation
- Embedded Systems Development
- Web Applications Development
- Database Design, Administration & SQL
- Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
- Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (Jenkins)
- Understanding of virtualisation / cloud based computing
- Understanding of Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST)
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum development methodology
- C++ programming
- Strong written and oral communication
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 24th October 2019.
Location of the position is Luton, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.