An opportunity for an engineer to provide support on site at ESTEC to the Earth Observation Directorate with the performance, design, development and verification of external radar calibration systems.
In the first hand the engineer will support the Sentinel-1 Project with End-to-End simulators and calibration of the whole system, relating to the Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payload. The role has three main aspects: Mission calibration, End-to-End Mission Calibration and Performance and Calibration Targets (transponders). Knowledge of SAR technologies, experience in Calibration devices (radar) and a background in microwave engineering would be suitable.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Specifying performance, design, development and verification approach for external radar calibration systems;
- End-to-End Calibration and Performance;
- Assessing mission performance by simulation and error analysis;
- Monitoring the industrial activities concerning mission performance compliance;
- Specifying mission operation scenario’s for mission exploitation;
- Conducting in-house as well as external radar studies;
- Supporting the project team, in his/her area of expertise;
- Reviewing the project documentation as produced throughout the project lifetime;
- Participating in project meetings and reviews;
- Support pre-commissioning work relating to calibration equipment;
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (MSc minimum) in Aerospace Engineering or another relevant engineering discipline.
- 4 years relevant industrial experience and general knowledge of ESA Earth Observation missions.
- A microwave engineering background with experience in SAR Technologies and SAR processing would be an asset.
- Experience in Calibration Devices (radar) and space hardware is highly relevant.
- Good English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proactive approach, with initiative and capability to work independently.
- Problem-solving oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Closing Date: 30th April 2019
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.