An opportunity for engineers knowledgeable in downstream applications and innovation to work for Telespazio VEGA UK , on-site at ECSAT supporting external collaborations through the ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC).
To support the development and promotion of new applications and services for space technology.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to support the implementation of BIC and Grant activities through
- Day-to-day contact with ESA contractors (supplier/industry).
- Supporting the preparation of the ESA Space Solutions procurement proposals.
- Monitoring progress of ESA S2 start-ups and reporting.
- Providing support for activities (promotion, training etc) taking place in the Member States.
- Coordinating with other stakeholders, internal and external to ESA.
- Supporting expert meetings, particularly selection campaigns meetings with local ESA S2 entities and partners.
- Assessing highly innovative projects, in terms of business plan assessment and assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space derived technologies and applications and their integration in terrestrial products and services.
- Ensuring timely internal and external reporting by ESA S2 entities and support where needed.
- Attracting and evaluating project proposals
- Supporting ESA S2 contractors in the identification and characterisation of new products and services exploiting current and next generation of space technologies (e.g. materials, sensors, robotics, software, etc) and satellite systems (e.g. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains.
- Reporting of grant deployment.
- Data collection and analysis to produce the aggregated yearly grant reporting.
- Defining and implementing strategies to capture and analyse grant impact on SDG-related data on ESA Space Solutions activities in the report.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology Innovation or other related area.
- Experience managing technology and innovation.
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of technologies transferred from the space domain and the utilisation satellite systems.
- Sound knowledge of downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High standard of document drafting.
- Ability to work with software reporting tools particularly Microsoft Sharepoint, as well as some familiarity to add features in these reporting tools.
- Experience in innovation (i.e., bringing products and services into market) and early stage commercialization.
- Sound knowledge of Data Analytics Software (e.g, Tableau, Python, Matlab, R)
- Awareness of ESA and in particular various TIA space applications and ESA S2 programs
- Experience using open-source Machine learning-related frameworks (e.g., NLTK, TensorFlow)
- Proficiency in German and/or Italian
- Willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations;
- Must be Comfortable in an international working environment;
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd June 2020.
Location of the position is ECSAT, Harwell, UK.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package, covering salary, generous holiday allowance and other benefits.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.