An exciting opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on customer premises, supporting many navigation projects.
To provide support to the Navigation Project teams, specifically design, testing and verification of Radio Navigation equipment and simulation tools.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team. In particular, the detailed specific tasks include:
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation in GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
Candidates must be EU citizens, eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Telecommunications and Signal Processing, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
• Knowledge of virtualization and data centric processing
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th July 2020.
Location of the position is Noordwijk area, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.