This is an exciting time for Telespazio in the UK as we embark on a strategy to establish the company as one of the leading Space companies in the UK and international marketplace. To support this growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual from a similar sales background or with expertise from an operational or technical domain.
An exciting opportunity to interface with all capability areas of Telespazio’s business in the UK, and to build and manage a pipeline of opportunities in the Security & Defence domain through to successful contract award. The Sales Manager will also be required to support wider activities identified by the Head of Sales to help develop and close large opportunities.
Responsibilities / Duties
This opportunity will have a key base in our head office in Luton, although significant travel within the UK is envisaged. Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding company capabilities across Geo-information, Satellite Navigation, Ground Segment & Systems, and being able to clearly articulate the benefits of Telespazio VEGA UK solutions to prospective clients.
- Developing leads and prospective opportunities, primarily within the UK and International Security & Defence Sector and associated supply chain.
- Working with other Telespazio staff members from technical and delivery domains to maximise Telespazio VEGA UK’s position in Defence & Security programmes.
- Taking responsibility for the complete Sales cycle from prospect identification, through to Consortium building / partnering, proposal strategy, supplier / customer negotiations and contract signature.
- Assisting other members of the sales team to convert prospects to signed contracts.
- Contribute to sales targets, both individually and by supporting other members of the sales team to win new business.
- Attending and contributing to relevant trade association and advisory group committees on behalf of the company.
- Assist in defining marketing campaigns and be a key participant in marketing events
Qualifications / Experience
- Strong Knowledge of the Security & Defence sector, associated stakeholders and customer requirements.
- Armed forces experience or a science / engineering bachelors (or higher) degree.
- Either 3 years successful sales/business development, or technical / managerial / armed forces experience in a related domain where communication and influencing skills can be demonstrated.
- Experience of interacting effectively with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Security cleared to SC or DV level.
- UK National.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Driven, proactive, focused and flexible.
- Team player who can interface at all levels within Telespazio, with our partners, and our customers.
- Able to work as part of a large Business Unit and multi-national team, as well as independently on their own initiative
- An understanding of the need to balance corporate best practice with innovation
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th May 2020
Location of the position is Luton, or Field Based (UK)
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package, covering salary, private healthcare, generous pension scheme and high street discounts.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.