An opportunity for an experienced System Engineer to work onsite at a key customer for Telespazio VEGA UK
The Galileo Project System Engineer will report to the Head of the Galileo Project Management Support Office or to the Head of the Galileo System Project Control Unit and will execute tasks in close cooperation with the Galileo Procurement Manager(s).
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- System engineering tasks provided in support to the Galileo Project Management team, namely in the areas of Technical schedule control, Technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control and procurement
- Contributing to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document)
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents
- Participating in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects
- Organising and participating in technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analysing probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans
- Interfacing with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting
- Travel will be required
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering or science, as well as several years’ of relevant industrial experience
- Previous experience in project management and negotiation in industrial context
- Excellent negotiation, planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English
- Willing to travel, as required.
- Eligible for security clearance by their national security administration
- Positive, “can-do” approach
- Sound judgment; integrity and good communications skills.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 28th April 2020.
Location of the position is Noordwijk, Netherlands
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.