An opportunity for an experienced optical payload engineer, to work on-site at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support to optical design, analysis and verification activities for the Optics section.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate, will be involved in;
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systems specifications.
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers.
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses.
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts.
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems.
- Evaluation and analysis of test results.
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments.
- Support integration and performance testing of optical instruments
- Participation to instrument design reviews
- Support of optical instrument developments including resolution of critical development problems.
Qualifications / Experience
- MSc, or equivalent qualification, in Optical Engineering, Physics or related discipline
At least 4 years of relevant work experience, covering:
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP).
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 18th May 2020.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.