An opportunity for an experienced Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician to work onsite with a key customer for Telespazio VEGA UK in the supporting activities in Thermal Analysis & Verification.
Support customer projects in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). Experience in vibration testing and ISO 9001 and 17025 is an asset
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL).
- He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 for operational work and support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Qualifications / Experience
- Technical degree (BSc, diploma or equivalent) from a recognized institution or equivalent with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 17025 quality systems is an asset.
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition.
- Specific knowledge of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, measurement techniques and vacuum technologies.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule; Experience in an international team is required.
- Fluency in English is required, including the ability to draft technical reports.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and be able to manage relationships, work in a team and be self-motivating and disciplined.
- Candidate should also possess very good interpersonal skills, be well-organised, pro-active, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a matrix structure.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 11th May 2020.
Location of the position is, Noordwijk, Netherlands
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.