A great opportunity for an Engineer to join our growing Navigation team, supporting varied project work within Position, Navigation and Timing technologies and solutions.
To successfully deliver engineering projects in navigation and other satellite systems and applications, with opportunities to support bid and tender work.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work on projects in the field of positioning, navigation and timing (PNT)
- Carry out research and studies for PNT technologies, concepts, algorithms, solutions, applications and services
- Perform design and development for resilient, high accuracy and high integrity PNT algorithms, solutions, applications, and services in a multi-disciplinary technical team
- Work within a development team as a subject matter expert to pull-through new research into products
- Interface with internal and external clients / stakeholders closely to capture their requirements, address and resolve their issues
- Contribute to broad engineering team activities, including documentation writing, trial and testing campaigns and review meetings.
- Consider both upstream and downstream activities
- Carry out assigned technical work mainly autonomously;
As a Senior Navigation Engineer, the candidate will be expected to
- Act as a technical work package technical, and act as lead engineer when allocated to do so on selected projects
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers within the company
- Contribute technically to the continued development of company’s strategy and business in PNT domain
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following subjects:
- Algorithms for advanced PNT techniques, including integrated / hybrid positioning techniques.
- GNSS vulnerabilities and resilient PNT technologies
- High accuracy and / or high integrity PNT algorithms
- GNSS receivers technologies, and signal processing algorithms design and development
- GNSS systems particularly ground segment
- PNT augmentation systems, services and data products, eg. SBAS, IGS or commercial correction services
- PNT system engineering
- GNSS products or services design and development
- Computer-based algorithm design and simulation (eg. in MATLAB environment)
- Experience in successful project delivery
- Technical document writing
- Knowledge and experience in engineering processes
- Experience and knowledge in system engineering
- Programming skills – C / C++, and software development experience
- Experience in bids writing, including multi-company bids either as Prime or Subcontractor
- Familiar with major institutions, eg. UK Space Agency / MoD / ESA
- Experience of mentoring / leading technical team working on projects and / or developments (Senior level only)
- Knowledge in electronics and hardware
- Able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to deliver high quality work on budget and on time
- Ability to prioritise own workload, and work to deadlines
- Professional, logical and thorough
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to work on a range of activities to meet evolving business needs
- UK National (Desirable for upcoming project work)
- UK Driving License (Desirable)
- Security Clearance SC level (Desirable – can be attained if necessary)
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 18th March 2020.
Location of the position is Luton.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.