A great opportunity for an aspiring remote sensing or earth observation graduate or professional, with knowledge of satellite Earth observation (EO) data systems and processing, to join our Luton head office.
To contribute to operational and science-based services and system developments for national and international, based EO programmes
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Support services to ESA for Earth Explorer and third party missions (particular focus on data quality)
- Interact with expert customers on mission data issues
- Carry out occasional travel to customer sites (South East UK; Rome)
- Contribute to technical proposal authoring, to win new work
Qualifications / Experience
- University Masters degree/PhD, or equivalent, in Geography, Physics, Remote Sensing or a related discipline.
- Support operational processing systems for EO data (e.g. level ‘1’ to level ‘2’ and ‘level 3’ processing)
- Experience of working with Altimetry or SAR data.
- Experience of using and adapting tools for remote sensing data manipulation
- Understanding of EO data processing levels
- Understanding of instrument calibration principles (e.g. geometric, radiometric, spectral, etc)
- Data handling and manipulation
- Technical document authoring
- Comfortable in a (scientific) customer facing role
- Self-motivated and creative individual, actively seeking opportunities for the business
- Positive, “can-do” approach
- Willingness to adapt role to meet current needs
- Encouraging and supportive of team co-workers
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th March 2020.
Location of the position is Luton, UK.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.