An exciting opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to work with the Telespazio VEGA UK team, based onsite at ESTEC, within modelling and simulations.
To support the Software Division with system modelling, mission simulation and the development of generic simulation testbeds for different ESA projects.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Modelling of systems (including spacecraft, ground segment and other required auxiliary systems).
- Elaboration, development and promotion of tools for distributed and collaborative engineering.
- Support for mission simulation, science operations planning and scheduling and experiment operations verification.
- Elaboration, development and promotion of the concept of generic simulation testbeds (such as ATB), applicable for different projects, including preparation and promotion of relevant standards.
- Real-time simulation infrastructure and tools based on different platforms, including LINUX environments. This infrastructure can support both hardware-in-the-loop and man-in-the-loop simulation.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the development of space system database software and utilization including support to specification, architecture, implementation, software problem solving, exchange and interfaces with external systems, data modelling verification of consistency and completeness of data, compliance with technical documentation, project reviews.
- Visualisation and graphical user interaction on different levels, including MMI design, parameter visualization, and up to high-end 3-D real-time, interactive and immersive visualisation systems, also known as Virtual Reality (VR) simulation. Develop, integrate and maintain VR applications and the related technology.
- Participation in the definition of standards for ground system and operations, electrical test facilities and modelling and simulation in the context of ECSS and ESA internal standardisation.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in electronic engineering, Space systems engineering, computer science, Mathematics.
- Relevant experience within software engineering, software design and configuration control methods, tools and standards.
- Knowledge of real-time software and Object Oriented design methods, databases and most common operating system (Windows, Corba, Linux, Unix, etc.).
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in most common programming languages (in particular C, C++, FORTRAN, Java), databases (ORACLE, ACCESS, MySQL, E/R, etc.).
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed,
- A high degree organizational and communication abilities are required
- Ability to work in a diverse and multinational team environment is essential.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 10th January 2020.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.