A great opportunity for an experienced PA Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on customer premises in the Netherlands.
To support and contribute to Product Assurance (PA) activities for assigned missions and projects, as well as contributing to, and promoting, good practice widely within the organisation.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide PA & Safety support to assigned activities;
- Review test procedures and test reports;
- Witness test executions and report on the status and major issues;
- Participate in TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
- Support configuration inspections as needed;
- Support the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations and the preparation of System waivers and deviations;
- Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
- Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentations, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas.
- Support the Coordinator of Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Support to ESA Technology Programmes in all activities related to the execution of the service
- Support the Coordinator of Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Support to ESA Technology Programmes in all activities related to the execution of the service;
- Support Technical Officers (TO) of Technology Development Activities (TDAs) to ensure the effective implementation and execution of a Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This involves supporting the procurement process, generating PA&S requirements for the activity, participating to activity reviews, monitoring the contractor supply chain, and supporting Technology Readiness Assessments (TRAs) in coordination with the TO.
- Support the design, development and maintenance of the ESA Technology Readiness (TRL) Calculator application. This involves collecting feedback from users, building up a backlog of requirements, monitoring the implementation of requirements, participating in release reviews, and following up the maintenance of the application.
- Define, initiate and support R&D activities of the Product Assurance Management Section in the fields of product and quality assurance requirements, techniques, methodologies and tools, covering both long- and short-term needs;
- Support the dissemination of the results of the activities performed and the transfer of knowledge in the area of PA&S support to ESA Technology Programmes;
- Produce reports on PA&S and R&D support activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product Assurance;
- Knowledge and experience working with Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) and their use in space R&D activities
Excellent interpersonal skills, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Strong English language skills
- Promotes cooperation and team-working
- Problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 8th May 2020.
Location of the position is Noordwijk, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package, covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.