A great opportunity for an experienced Product Assurance (PA) and Safety Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working in the Netherlands.
To support activities related to the execution of the organisation’s Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide PA & Safety support to assigned activities activities;
- Review test procedures and test reports;
- Witness test executions and report on the status and major issues;
- Participate in TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
- Support configuration inspections as needed;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations and the preparation of System waivers and deviations;
- Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
- Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentations, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas.
- Supporting the Coordinator of Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Support to ESA Technology Programmes in all activities related to the execution of the service;
- Supporting Technical Officers (TO) of Technology Development Activities (TDAs) to ensure the effective implementation and execution of a Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This involves supporting the procurement process, generating PA&S requirements for the activity, participating to activity reviews, monitoring the contractor supply chain, and supporting Technology Readiness Assessments (TRAs) in coordination with the TO.
- Supporting the design, development and maintenance of the ESA Technology Readiness (TRL) Calculator application. This involves collecting feedback from users, building up a backlog of requirements, monitoring the implementation of requirements, participating in release reviews, and following up the maintenance of the application.
- Defining, initiating and supporting R&D activities of the Product Assurance Management Section in the fields of product and quality assurance requirements, techniques, methodologies and tools, covering both long- and short-term needs;
- Supporting the dissemination of the results of the activities performed and the transfer of knowledge in the area of PA&S support to ESA Technology Programmes;
- Producing reports on PA&S and R&D support activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree and a background in space engineering.
- Significant experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Practical experience in using Office PA&S tools and repositories, understanding of Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) and their application in Space R&D.
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed,
- A high degree organizational and communication abilities are required
- Ability to work in a diverse and multinational team environment is essential.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 14th April 2020.
Location of the position is Noordwijk, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.