An opportunity for a software engineer experienced in Java, to work in the project office on-site at ESAC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
This is a temporary role working within the Science Archives team, to support front-end development taking care of the continuous integration and control configuration.
Responsibilities / Duties
The contractor will be assigned to development activities to support the data archives and tasks will also include :
- Attending meetings and workshops, such as SWT and DAWG.
- Documentation support: ICD, UM, SDP, TN, Procedures, ATR, Release Doc.
- Requirements management.
- Use of PDS4 standard.
- Operations: deliveries ingestion (PDS4 format).
- Mission Exomars RSP interfaces: analysis of SVT deliveries, hold discussions and implementation agreements.
- Support to test engineers.
- Google Analytics configuration
Qualifications / Experience
- University Masters degree, or equivalent, in software Engineering, or related field.
At least 4 years of relevant work experience, covering:
- Back-end: Java, SQL, XML, Postgres, specific libraries (Jaxb, hibernate, springframework…).
- Continuous integration & conf control: Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Shell scripts, SVN, JUnit, Eclipse.
- Good English language skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way.
- Positive, “can-do” approach.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 13th December 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.