An opportunity for a systems engineer, experienced in space electronics, avionics and communication subsystems, to work in the project office on-site at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
As part of the system team in the projects office, to support avionics and space electronics procurements from early definition phase through to qualification phase.
Responsibilities / Duties
The contractor will be assigned to the projects office in the Systems Department and the main scope of the work will include:
- Maintain interfaces with the relevant Contractors and subsystems responsible (industry/research institute) for the assigned projects as well as with the specific support at ESA (PA, EEE Parts expert).
- Support system reviews of the assigned projects as required.
- Follow up technical issues arising on the assigned projects.
- Participate in risk reduction activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD, or Masters in Engineering, or equivalent qualification, in Space Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline.
At least 4 years of relevant work experience, covering:
- Space electronics in particular avionics and communication subsystems through the complete lifecycle including design, development and AIV/qualification.
- Practical applications of engineering/quality standards would be an asset.
- Good English language skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way.
- Positive, “can-do” approach.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 13th December 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.