An exciting opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working onsite at ESTEC, supporting many navigation projects within both EGNOS and GALILEO.
To provide support to the Navigation Project teams, specifically design, testing and verification of Radio Navigation equipment and simulation tools.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be:
- Supporting design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) with particular focus to multi-GNSS multi-frequency receivers
- Supporting Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers performances for sensor station receivers and user receivers
- Support to the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team, including Sub-System level engineering activities, Verification activities and participation to Sub-System reviews.
Candidates must be EU citizens, eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Telecommunications and Signal Processing, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in high accuracy and robust PNT.
- Experience in the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from professional to mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- Experience of implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3
- Knowledge on signal quality monitoring;
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK)
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 5th December 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.