A great opportunity for an experienced space systems software engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working onsite at ESTEC within the Software Technology section.
The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section (TEC-SWT), assigned to support the projects and activities in the domain of DevOps
Responsibilities / Duties
The main duties encompass installation, development, operation, maintenance and support of the DevOps infrastructure used by projects including:
- Collaborative Software Development Environment (CSDE) and all the related tools and applications (Eclipse, JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, Virtualisation technologies, DOORS, etc.).
- Software Verification Facilities (SVF) and related tools as Gitlab, compilers (GCC, LLVM), Debuggers, software simulation and emulation (including HW-in-the-loop).
- Satellite Reference DataBase (SRDB), related tools (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and DataOps.
- Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Reference Facility and in particular related development technologies.
- Web site and related applications.
In performing these duties, the post holder will be expected to interface with the different project teams and ensure their training when required. In addition, the post holder may have to support the definition and execution of activities of the Software Systems Division in their domain of expertise.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (Master’s) or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline, together with extensive experience in the Software development methods and tools.
- Results orientation and relationship management.
- Applicants must be eligible for security clearance by their national security administration
The candidate should be familiar with modern software engineering practices and tools, including:
- Software production and test processes, i.e. DevOps including requirement, engineering continuous integration, testing and associated tools is mandatory (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, DOORS).
- Administration of Atlassian tools and DOORs installations.
- Containerization (Docker) and virtualization (Vmware)
- Java and Eclipse frameworks
- Practical software experience, Object Oriented design methods as UML and eCore, databases (SQL), compilers, XML, XSLT, Linux, Windows and web application development as well as programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Tcl/Tk, Python, Java.
- Cloud technologies and solutions.
- Software development processes and standards (ECSS,aircrafts, train, automotive
- A pro-active and can-do attitude to problem-solving
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with supported project teams and within the Software Systems division.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 29th November 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.