An opportunity for an experienced Communications Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting work within RF Systems Payloads and Technologies.
To provide support in communication systems and technologies related to applicable ESA missions and projects.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse range of tasks including:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and
testing tasks for technological projects across the following areas
- Telecom network standards and protocols
- SATCOM system and networks from Layer 2 and above
- Link layer computer simulations
- Telecom networking security
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters degree (or equivalent qualification) in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering – emphasis on digital communications system and sub-system techniques, high speed processing techniques for satellite communication
- Very solid background in Internet, secure IP and applications/networking technologies.
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks from layer 2 and above together with familiarity with link layer computer simulations
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques.
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of security testing and validation tools
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 14th November 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.