An opportunity for an embedded systems engineer, experienced within Real Time Systems to work in the Flight Software Systems Section on-site at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support to the implementation and verification and validation of Flight Software, within the Software Systems Division.
Responsibilities / Duties
The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and shall function as an integrated team member of the development team, in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
- Interface adaptations between SVF and Test Bench models.
- Project support related to all technical aspects of the development and qualification of flight software.
Qualifications / Experience
- MSc, or equivalent qualification, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Space Systems Engineering or a related discipline.
At least 4 years of relevant work experience, covering:
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels.
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming.
- Space systems engineering
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others.
- Microprocessors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc.
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN).
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 6th November 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.