Seeking a capable secretary and office administrator, with strong team ethics to become part of a busy office working to support the CEO and all areas of the business.
To support the directors and senior managers in all areas whilst also ensuring the smooth running of Telespazio VEGA UK’s back office functions.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate can expect to be involved in the following;
- CEO: Diary Management; monitoring & actioning emails; credit card returns; expenses; arranging Senior Management Team meetings (drawing up agenda, attending meeting & taking minutes); booking travel and hotels; arranging external meetings; booking meeting rooms.
- Directors: credit card returns; expenses; arranging/booking travel and hotels; arranging external meetings; booking meeting rooms.
- Managing switchboard duties (process incoming telephone calls and re-directing as appropriate; deal with general telephone enquiries; pass telephone messages to relevant persons / departments, etc.)
- Processing all incoming/outgoing mail and distribute accordingly in a timely manner
- Managing filing, ensuring all related documents are filed appropriately; update filing systems as and when required to meet current needs
- Coordination of regular project reviews
- Taking responsibility for the procurement of office supplies including stationery & print supplies
- Ad hoc support for other teams to support wider business processes, including reporting and data compilation for key external clients
- Organising business travel, including applications for visas, hotel reservations and taxis for staff/visitors
- Providing monthly travel reports; ensuring authorisation for all travel is received prior to booking
- Managing Holiday and Absences on the system for the company & compiling monthly reconciliation reports
- Attending Facilities meetings with wider company attendees, drawing up agenda items for Telespazio, and supporting implementation of ongoing changes
- Attending internal Health & Safety meetings
- Events Management: organise company events, Christmas party, special events, Town Hall meetings etc
Qualifications / Experience
The ideal candidate will have a background working in a similar PA/admin position, be a strong communicator, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and prioritise own time
- Practiced organisational skills
- Ability to ensure satisfactory resolution of staff issues where appropriate, escalating as necessary
- Meticulous and detailed administrative skills
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Skilled and diplomatic communicator on all levels
- Good Team Player
- Excellent keyboard & computer skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel / Word/ PowerPoint
- A proactive, resourceful and flexible attitude showing initiative
- Caring, pleasant and articulate
- Methodical and thorough
- Confidential, reliable, conscientious
- Must be flexible and often work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Sense of humour
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 12th November 2019.
Location of the position is Luton, UK.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, great company pension, private healthcare and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.