A great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on site at the European Space Agency in Spain, on a part time basis.
To support activities within the area of Software Product Assurance (PA) and in the development of good software practices within ESA.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the software product assurance programme.
- Monitor and evaluate software product analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
Knowledge and proven hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems
- SW engineering and PA Processes
- Use and configuration of, at least, some of the following tools: SONAR, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven and Confluence
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of ESA ground segment facilities and some scientific background
- Experience on ESA software engineering processes and standards.
- Strong English language skills
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 20th October 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.