A great opportunity for an experienced SPICE engineer to support astronomy missions, working onsite at ESAC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Software engineer support is required for SPICE software engineering tasks required for development & maintenance or enhancement the Science Operations Centre (SOC) systems.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidates can expect to be involved in:
- Writing technical requirements for SOC and archives subsystems
- Perform SW architectural design as needed.
- Implement/Maintain one or more subsystems/modules according to the requirements in the agreed language using the agreed tools
- Development and integration of scientific algorithms
Tasks will include:
- Auxiliary Data Conversion System Development and Maintenance
- SPICE Archive Generation
- Auxiliary Data Handling Technical Support and Consultancy
- SPICE Training and Community Capacity Building
- Scientific Geometry Data Analysis and Exploitation Services
- Ensuring timely delivery of SW releases and relative increments.
- Deploying and configuring new versions of the systems/modules on the validation and operational systems.
- Software Configuration and integration tasks.
- Support the definition of Operational SGS Procedures (for procedures involving the use of SW).
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Astronomy or similar related discipline
- Good hands on knowledge of SPICE
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- High level of expertise in Solar System geometry and ancillary information data and systems (including SPICE)
- Experience in providing support and interacting with instrument scientists and engineers and with the scientific community
- Development of Web Applications, experience with Apache Tomcat technologies
- Knowledge of XML/JSON technologies
- Knowledge of science operations planning is an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active attitude to problem solving and customer focus
- Comfortable in an international working environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 12th October 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.