A great opportunity for an integration and test engineer to support a future astronomy mission, working onsite at ESAC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support to Euclid Science Operations Centre (SOCs) system integration activities and the generation of test data for test activities, in particular instrument data.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidates can expect to be involved in:
- Support to SOC system integration activities, including the development of processes or tasks necessary for overall integration or operation,
- Generation of test data for test activities, in particular instrument data for Quick Look testing,
- Maintenance of test information in JIRA.
Tasks will include:
- Construct test, verification and validation plans and procedures for SOC systems/subsystems, for the SOC overall and for all interfaces to SOC.
- Organisation of Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) & Test Review Boards (TRBs)
- Contribute to procedure writing and the implementation of procedures
- Test SOC systems for the generation of products to send to MOC
- Test SOC interfaces
- Coordinate Subsystem Test execution (in collaboration with all parties involved)
- Coordinate with the external parties (ESOC, Instrument Teams, Institutes ..) the organization and execution of interface/compatibility and E2E tests.
- Assist in automation of SOC procedures
- Provide general support for testing, particularly for End-to-End (E2E) and operational rehearsal campaigns.
- Report on activities including the gathering and presentation of test coverage summary statistics
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Astronomy or similar related discipline
- Good, broad knowledge of Python
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Science and payload operations for space missions,
- Mission operations and interfaces to mission operations systems (such as SCOS-2000, Mission Information Base and EDDS)
- Handling common astronomical file formats e.g. FITS,
- Ability to attend meetings/conference/workshops and make presentations as requested.
- Ability to cooperate with other projects on testing matters (e.g. promote the exchange of information with other Science Ground Segments (SGSs)).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active attitude to problem solving and customer focus
- Comfortable in an international working environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th October 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.