A great opportunity for an experienced IT systems engineer to support the technical and scientific environment working onsite at ESAC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide an effective and efficient support service to the staff and users at the ESAC site, delivering an essential service for the operational teams.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidates can expect to be involved in:
- Installation and administration of container orchestration environments, UNIX, Macintosh and PC systems, Grid Engines, RedHat CloudForms middleware, spark and hadoop cluster
- Automation of any of the tasks
within the role description including;
- Handle the mail aliases and mail distribution lists.
- Handling/checking/modifying all backups.
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of IT operational procedures
- Issues of documentation and technical reports
- User support activities for staff – primarily scientists and engineers
- Managing relationships with hardware
and software suppliers:
- Definition of hardware/software needs and quotation requests for new purchases and maintenance contracts
- Logging hardware incidents calls and following the call history
- Installation and maintenance of storage SAN/NAS infrastructure, virtual machines and compute clusters
- Interfacing with external ESA corporate informatics infrastructure service providers
- Designing network setup requirements and follow up of implementation
- Requesting new network connections
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Engineering or similar related discipline
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Container orchestration (e.g. kubernetes)
- Big data technologies (e.g. spark, hadoop)
- IT automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, StackStorm, Terraform)
- Grid technology (Grid Engine)
- Storage SAN/NAS technologies
- Solaris System management
- Linux (RedHat) system management
- Virtualization technologies
- Backup technologies
- PC Windows and Macintosh system management
- Scientific user computer support
- Network design and requirements
- Knowledge of other Cloud middleware and hybrid Clouds
- Knowledge of Linux containers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active attitude to problem solving and customer focus
- Comfortable in an international working environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30th September 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.