An exciting opportunity for an experienced Control Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on a customer site, supporting AOCS development and maintenance.
To provide support to the AOCS and Pointing Systems section through definition and implementation of AOCS for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories, across a number of projects including Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR).
- Carry out Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- Review of AOCS software implementation.
- Selection and procurement support for sensors and actuators
- Support AIV/AIT (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Provide operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP) and in-orbit analysis.
- Conceptualise, initiate and
supervise corresponding enabling AOCS technology R&D:
- High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
- Develop sensors and inertial actuators technology: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
- Develop and use the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
- Maintain, develop and set-up AOCS simulation tools.
- Participate in the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s, or equivalent, in Control and Aerospace engineering, or similar related discipline
- Previous experience in AOCS engineering within European industry
- AOCS Design, Validation and Testing, as well as AOCS hardware procurement.
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from PhaseA to Phase E is an asset.
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Ability to interface with industry
- Good English language skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 22nd May 2020.
Location of the position is Noordwijk, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.