An assistant accountant required with proven experience of preparing management accounts to TB level, bank reconciliation and cash-flow forecasting experience.
To provide timely and accurate support to the Finance Manager, and provide cover for holiday and sickness for the Accounts Administrator which will involve invoice and staff expenses processing work.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Bank Reconciliations and production of receipts schedule daily
- Processing payment runs on banks in UK & Spain
- Accruals, prepayments and other month-end journals as required according to deadline.
- Overheads analysis and commentary according to deadline.
- Raising Purchase Orders and distributing to the requestor.
- Daily cash-flow reporting.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly cash-flow forecasting every week.
- Preparation of the accounts for the Spanish subsidiary & initial reconciliation work with Acos.
- Month end revaluation process for foreign currency and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Balance sheet reconciliations for the UK and the Spanish subsidiary
- Payroll journals and balance sheet reconciliation each month
- Working with AP to ensure that subcontractors are paid within deadlines
- HMRC payroll payments
- Payments to overseas accountants to fund overseas payroll.
- Input budget onto SAP
- Running GRNI at month end and ensuring the balance is kept within acceptable limits.
Qualifications / Experience
- AAT technician level qualified (or equivalent)
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Bank reconciliations and cash-flow preparation
- Able to work on own initiative as well as a team player
- Good Excel (including vlookups & pivots)
- SAP knowledge
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to develop the role and work with the Finance manager to improve processes & efficiency
- Prepared to be flexible with workloads and support where necessary in line with deadlines.
- Currently studying for a professional accounting qualification
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd September 2019.
Location of the position is Luton.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.