A great opportunity for an experienced coordinator to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team working on site at ESTEC.
To provide technical coordination support for the laboratories basic services (e.g. maintenance, purchasing, inventory, follow up of actions related to the technical administration and Quality Management System), preparation of investment plans, the deployment of common tools and processes, the internal and external communication and reporting in relation to the Directorate’s laboratories and test facilities.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Organise and coordinate basic services for the operations of the technical infrastructure and support the definition of a common set of technical services for these.
- Coordinate the deployment of common tools and processes for the management of the technical infrastructure
- Provide support for common technical/administrative tasks related to the operation of the TEC laboratories and the Test Centre
- Identify, and suggest resolutions for, overlapping requests in the multi-year investment plans
- Coordinate and centralise the actions follow-up related to technical infrastructure reporting, outreach and visits for the TEC departments
- Coordinate the management of documentation and information related to the technical infrastructure and ensure all relevant information is timely broadcasted
- Coordinate and facilitate the Department definition of multi-year investment plans for the technical infrastructure of the department
- Support the Department Head and the BCAM for the timely delivery of laboratory investment and maintenance activities, reviewing the status of progress and taking remedial actions as necessary with associated industrial counterparts
- Ensure the Laboratory Inventory and Fixed Asset databases are populated with all technical data
- Support to the ISO accreditation / certification process by preparing laboratory processes.
- Support the Department QMS Coordinator in the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 9001 compliant Management System, under the scope of certification
- Interface with site services concerning site infrastructure matters. Ensure requests and supervision of installation and maintenance works in the laboratory are competed in the required time
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the core business of the Agency and the TEC Directorate
- Demonstrable experience with business processes and tools used for the technical administration of laboratory activities
- Knowledge of and proven working experience with web-based collaborative platforms that integrate with Microsoft Office
- Proven working experience within organizations with processes managed by a QMS certification and/or technical accreditations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect across highly technical teams
- Strong ability to meet deadlines in a complex professional environment and under demanding circumstances
- A keen interest in technology innovation, the ability to collect and understand new information, plus organisational and business sensitivity are required
- Proven ability in interacting with internal and external business partners of an intergovernmental organization similar to ESA
- Experience in interacting and negotiating with internal customers and suppliers
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 27th September 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.