This is an exciting time for Telespazio VEGA in the UK as we embark on a strategy to establish the company as one of the leading Space and Geo Information companies in the UK and international markets. To support this growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual who is either active in a similar sales role or is looking to move in to Geo Information sales from a related technical domain.
An exciting opportunity to build and manage a pipeline of Geo Information sales opportunities to successful contract award. These opportunities will be primarily within the scope of the Geo Information Line of Business but may also fall in the Satellite Systems and Operations Line of Business. The Sales Graduate will also be required to support activities identified by the Head of Marketing and Sales from time to time in order to develop sales skills and help close large opportunities as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
This role will be based at head office in Luton, reporting to the Head of GI Sales, the key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the Group Geo Information capabilities and being able to clearly articulate the benefits of TPZ VEGA solutions to prospective clients
- To provide effective sales, marketing and bid management for Geo Information products within Telespazio VEGA UK to ensure order intake targets are met and are compliant with the Group strategy & targets
- Developing prospective opportunities within existing clients particularly within vertical sectors such as Transport, Utilities and Energy, Oil, Gas and Mining, Environment and Maritime.
- Develop new leads and prospects particularly within the data sales market, Defence and Intelligence markets and emerging ‘big data’ markets.
- Working with other Telespazio staff members in UK and other Telespazio group and Leonardo companies to maximise Telespazio VEGA UK’s position on UK Government Geo Information programmes
- Take responsibility for the complete Sales cycle from prospect identification to contract signature
- Assist in defining marketing campaigns and the creation of digital media content and be a key participant in marketing events
- Maintain a close relationship with UKSA and Satellite Applications Catapult staff in order to promote Telespazio VEGA UK capabilities and influence policy in the Geo Information domain.
- Work closely with Head of GI Sales and when required deputise on their behalf
- Work closely with the Geo Information operations team to guide the tailoring of solutions to meet customer needs
- Travel within the UK and overseas will be required
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or GI related subject – or equivalent
- Experience of interacting effectively with key stakeholders
- Commercially astute with excellence numeracy skills
- Knowledge of the Geo Information industry (particularly the domains of satellite Earth Observation, and/ GIS)
- Knowledge of ‘big data’ concepts and analytics including Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Customer centric
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills
- Calm and organized.
- Proactive and positive individual who can work effectively as part of a team, whilst taking initiative when required.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 23rd August 2019.
Location of the position is Luton.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.