An opportunity for an experienced Antenna Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK in a newly created post.
Providing expert technical support for R&D within the TEC-EFA – Antennae & Sub-mm Waves Section, focusing on antenna systems, sub-millimeter wave instruments, and other associated technologies.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of space antenna systems, submillimeter wave instruments and associated technologies throughout all project phases;
- Participate in project reviews and perform “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Identify critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Antenna measurement laboratory activities as required;
- Define, initiate and monitor R&D activities covering both long and short-term needs;
- Monitor applicable scientific and technological trends and maintain state-of-the-art expertise
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant field of study
- Industrial experience in antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS)
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 28th August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.