An opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support at the Radio Navigation and System and Technology Section in ESTEC, for activities related to Navigation Projects in the field of safety related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) Applications.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of safety-related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) applications (e.g. Within Railway, Maritime and Automotive sectors) including aspects related to PVT integrity and assurance (security);
- Participate in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis for security and safety-related applications (e.g. regarding system architecture, ground processing and user segment technologies);
- Support to the activities relating to technology development, standardisation, regulatory bodies and working groups on PVT assurance and safety-related PNT applications;
- Design, definition and follow up of activities (including industrial development contracts and procurements, laboratory and field trials) related to GNSS testbeds and receivers, in the aforementioned areas (safety-critical, PVT assurance);
- Support end-to-end GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities in the aforementioned areas
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering or related specialisation.
- 5-10 years of experience in fields related to the intended activities.
- Background and experience in GNSS systems and technologies, in particular for PVT integrity (including SBAS, RAIM/ARAIM, integration of sensors, etc.);
- Experience in system design, performances, and standardisation of PNT user segment technologies (GNSS Receiver, Signal Processing and Navigation Algorithms, Sensor Fusion etc)
or experience in at least one of the following:
- Wireless security
- GNSS PVT assurance
- Wireless systems for safety-related applications
- Safety standards within Railway, Automotive or Maritime domains
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to promote cooperation and excellent skills in team working and problem solving.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 28th August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.