Opportunities for enthusiastic Software Engineers to work with our client on a fixed term basis, applying novel technologies across the software department.
The Software Engineer will join a team working not only on specific projects in an Agile development environment, but also enhancing cross-department capabilities within software development and engineering.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidates can expect to be involved in;
- Development of an innovative space mission design and operations platform
- Development of a novel solution for drone detection systems
- Cross-departmental collaboration and improvement of capabilities
- Application of new technologies within the software department
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in Software Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, electrical engineering or related specialisation;
- Practical software experience, with 5+ years’ experience developing in either C++ or Java
- Familiarity with some or all; Docker, SQL, MS office, Git, Jira, Jenkins, OpenCV, CUDA, Deep Learning, HW assembly, networking, angularJS
- Working within Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Understand and follow best practices in distributed Agile working
- Willing to travel to client site in Germany periodically
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 18th August 2019.
Location of the position is Luton, UK.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.