An exciting opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working onsite at ESTEC, supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GSM) Team.
To provide support to the Navigation Project teams, specifically GALILEO Ground Segment in IVQ activities, System Level Engineering, and GMS design.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team; in particular:
- Participating in GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities
- Evaluating GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (eg. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.)
- Supporting GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs
- Contributing to GMS and System reviews.
- Supporting Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances for Ground Segment receivers and user receivers (multi-frequency and multi-constellation)
- Supporting design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities
Candidates must be EU citizens, eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Telecommunications and Signal Processing, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in high accuracy and robust PNT.
- Experience in the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from professional to mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- Experience of implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3
- Knowledge on signal quality monitoring;
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK)
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 23rd September 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.