An exciting opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working onsite at ESTEC, supporting EGNOS and GALILEO projects in the field of receiver performance and signal processing.
To provide support to the Navigation Project teams, including design, implementation, maintenance and testing of Radio Navigation tools.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.).
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and /or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies /user segments
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers,etc.) in the aforementioned activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- EU Citizen with eligibility for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Background and experience
(including hands-on tests and field trials) in several of the following fields:
- GNSS and associated user technologies,
- non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies;
- advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion
- Experience in system design and user equipment technologies for secure wireless systems
- Some experience of commercial simulation software
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 24th August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.