An opportunity for an experienced Thermal Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting Thermal Control Section in D/TEC
To provide support in thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification) related to the ESA mission’s thermal control activities.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions, and test correlations – attending the tests if required.
- Support ESA project reviews.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, or related specialisation.
- Relevant experience within thermal modelling and analysis, as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification.
- Strong background and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects.
- Experience working with thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 20th August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.