Seeking an experienced embedded systems engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team working on site at ESTEC within ground segment systems with both project support and R&D responsibilities.
The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section (TEC-SWT), assigned to support the activities of the Ground Mission Segment Engineering and Elements Unit. Interfacing closely with the Galileo Ground Segment Engineering Team, the Galileo System Engineering Team, the Galileo Security Office, the Operations Team, the related industrial teams and the Product Assurance Office
Responsibilities / Duties
The main duties will include:
- Supporting the consolidation and maintenance of the G1G/G2G ground segment requirement in line with the system baseline;
- Providing support and act as interface for updates to G1G/G2G ground segment applicable ICDs in co-ordination with Interface co-ordinators;
- Working with the System team on technical issues arising from segment technical notes dealing with G1G/G2G ground segment technical aspects;
- Processing G1G/G2G ground segment Non-compliance, RFD, and RFWs;
- Contributing to G1G/G2G IVQ activities in support of the G1G/G2G ground segment AIV Manager;
- Following up G1G/G2G ground segment design and implementation both at element and segment level, including SW architecture, performance aspects and HW/SW COTS selection;
- Assessing the operability aspects of the G1G/G2G ground segment functions;
- Assessing the Data Analysis functions of the Ground Segment, including;
- Consistent management of data within the ground segment (reception, storage and controlled access to archived data, data security (confidentiality, integrity and availability));
- Generation and presentation of associated result display and reporting;
- Integration of mission and technical data;
- Management of system configuration items;
- Application of data analysis technologies;
- Providing technical support for the preparation, organization and management of all the G1G/G2G ground segment and system reviews;
- Participating in Galileo-related reviews and technical evaluation boards, in particular contributing to G1G/G2G ground segment requirements consolidation and design reviews;
- Contributing to ESA procurement activities for G1G/G2G ground segment
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in physics, electrical or aerospace engineering or a related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in system-level engineering, design and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in the Big Data technologies, i.e. databases, machine learning, natural language processing, visualisation techniques
- Background and experience in navigation and security systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of ground segment and satellite operations and infrastructure is an important asset.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards is an asset.
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis
- Proactive attitude to problem-solving,
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Responsible decision-making ability
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Applicants must be eligible for security clearance by their national security administration
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 2nd August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.