A newly created role for a PA or safety engineering professional to join to Telespazio VEGA UK team working on site at ESTEC.
To support ESA space projects from a PA/Safety perspective, to ensure the continued development of dependability and safety requirements including Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS) analyses.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Providing technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews
- Preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval
- Support for R&D activities (eg TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers)
- Collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.)
- Organisation of conferences and workshops
- Continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox
- Preparation of training courses and materials
- Establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
- Supporting to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluating dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Supporting dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
- Project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- Hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards is desired.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is advantageous.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities would be useful.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space would be useful.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 19th July 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.