A Product Engineer is required to support bid and tender processes, and develop solutions for customers of the Geo-Information (GI) group.
You will provide engineering and technical support the GI Group’s expansion, with a focus on customer facing interaction, and technical bid support.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Lead and manage Telespazio UK product portfolio, including development of marketing content (Product Pack).
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project teams to produce commercially focused project work packages, building networks of contacts and promoting the Telespazio brand, undertaking and reporting on agreed market engagements.
- Review of RFPs and ITTs summarising strengths, weaknesses and risks, and reasons for and against bidding.
- Writing proposal content as a key member of assigned bid teams.
- Undertake pre-sales activities as required: sales calls; face-to-face meetings (predominantly UK), marketing events.
- Coordination of product activities across the GI LoB, including travel to Rome and Munich.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an engineering and/or environmental science subject
- Previous experience evaluating, and responding to, RFPs, ITTs and other bid/tender documentation
- Ability to gather, understand and assimilate product and technical competencies and match these to user requirements
- Ability to illicit, understand and deconstruct user requirements and commercial triggers/bounds into technical specifications and/or statements of requirement and commercial propositions.
- Ability to create technical solutions, with clear understanding of component TRLs, areas of development and identification of risks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills, including Excel, Project
- Experience in any / all of; earth observation / remote sensing, VNIR / SAR imagery, image processing, data analytics & machine learning
- Inventiveness and problem solving skills
- Desire to be a team player capable of working with staff at all levels, alongside the ability to work independently
- Interest in, and enthusiasm for, climate, environment or Earth observation science
- Self-starter and effective time management, with particular skills in multitasking
- Good communicator
- Commercial awareness
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st November 2019
Location of the position is Luton, UK
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.