A Technical Product Engineer is required to support and develop solutions for customers of the Geo-Information group.
To provide engineering and technical support the expansion of the Geo-Information group, particularly in customer facing roles.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Lead and management of Telespazio UK product portfolio, including marketing content (Product Pack).
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project teams to engage with commercially focused project work packages, building networks of contacts and promoting the Telespazio brand, undertaking and reporting on agreed market engagements.
- Review of RFPs and ITTs summarising strengths, weaknesses and risks, and reasons for and against bidding.
- Writing proposal content as a key member of assigned bid teams.
- Undertake pre-sales activities as required: sales calls; face-to-face meetings (predominantly UK), marketing events.
- Coordination of product activities across the GI LoB, including travel to Rome and Munich.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering subject
- Ability to gather, understand and assimilate GI product and technical competency and translate /position these into compelling stories against emerging user requirements (portfolio management)
- Ability to illicit, understand and deconstruct user requirements and commercial triggers/bounds into technical specifications and/or statements of requirement and commercial propositions (Pre-Sales)
- Ability to conceptualise, depict and scope technical solutions, with clear understanding of component TRLs, areas of development and identification of risks (solution engineering)
- Interest in, and enthusiasm for, climate, environment or Earth observation science
- Strong computer literacy skills, including Excel, Project
- User requirement collation
- Experience of Geo Information services
- Inventiveness and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to be a team player capable of working with staff at all levels, alongside the ability to work independently
- Self-starter and effective time management, with particular skills in multitasking
- Commercial awareness
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st August 2019
Location of the position is Luton, UK
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package, including private healthcare, generous pension and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.