A great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on site at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
To support activities within the area of Software Product Assurance (PA) and in the development of good software practices within ESA, in particular combining Agile practices to enhance developments across Machine Learning, Big Data and many other areas.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the software product assurance programme.
- Monitor and evaluate software product analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS software standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban).
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification,
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Strong English language skills
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 28th August 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.