Currently seeking an experienced Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA with cybersecurity and cryptographic engineering aspects of navigation systems.
The primary purpose of the role will be to support the Galileo System Security Office, within the Radio Navigation Systems & Techniques Section, around system security design concepts. This will include specification, design and security risk analysis, with an emphasis on (cyber) security and cryptography aspects.
Responsibilities / Duties
The key tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Definition and evaluation of system security design concepts
- Definition of GALILEO system and segment requirements, interacting with system and segment experts, focussing on (cyber) security and PRS topics
- Evaluation of segment proposals focussing on (cyber) security and PRS
- Support to the ESA Engineering Board process, in order to maintain the requirements system baseline (using DOORS)
- Support to Procurement, Development, Integration, Validation of System Security Tools validating the Navigation System Concept
- Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office
- Supporting technology developments (Signal generator and Receiver) in preparation of PRS test bench and security activities;
- Supporting the procurement of system tools (e.g. Emulators, Test Bed) contributing to the proof of concept and experimentation of PRS evolutions;
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap, focussed on cyber/security engineering aspects, with emphasis on the domains of
- Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters or higher (or equivalent) in telecommunications or electronic engineering, or cyber/security engineering
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite radio navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including recent trends in robust PNT would be an asset.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of large distributed security systems is highly relevant.
- Knowledge of the ISO27000 standard
- Extensive knowledge on Cryptographic techniques applied to authentication and encryption in navigation systems is highly relevant.
- Experience relevant with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment including receivers and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems, including cyber security and cryptographic aspects, will be an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration and for GALILEO need-to-know.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written)
- Very good organisation and communication skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and an interest in innovative technologies
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and autonomously
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 23rd September 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.