Date: Thursday 19 March 2020, 10:00-15:00
Location: EUROCONTROL Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium
Telespazio VEGA is organising a stakeholder’s workshop, hosted by EUROCONTROL about ‘Alternative Timing & Synchronisation Technologies for Aviation’.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together operational, technology-providing and regulatory stakeholders. We will be discussing user cases and future needs in the commercial aviation domain with respect to accuracy and reliability of timing and synchronisation across both air and ground-based systems and operations.
The focus of the project is to assess timing and synchronisation concepts that are complementary to GNSS-based solutions.
Why should I attend?
Participants will have an excellent opportunity for exchanging information and networking across the aviation operational domain and T&S solution providers.
Highlights of the workshop:
- Senior briefings from agency and service providers highlighting the present and future of timing and synchronisation for Aviation.
- Hear key updates from commercial solution providers building innovative technologies.
- Explore diverse topics including State of Art time measurement, timing performance requirements for aviation, and aviation use case study analysis etc.
- Engage with senior experts and industry leaders from timing and synchronisation domain.
Participating stakeholders already include EUROCONTROL, ESA, NATS, SERCO, Iridium, Leonardo, Royal Observatory of Belgium, Teledyne e2v, TFS and more to follow.
Who should attend?
The workshop will be of interest to stakeholder groups from Aviation, Avionics, Timing, GNSS, Satellite Communication Industries, Aviation Navigation Service Providers, and regulatory organisations.
- Pascal Dias, Head of CNS Unit – EUROCONTROL
- Gerhard Berz, Focal Point Navigation Infrastructure – EUROCONTROL
- Tim Last, Vice President & GM, IOT & Aviation Line of Business – Iridium
|10:00||Opening||EUROCONTROL – Pascal Dias, Head of CNS Unit|
|Morning Session – Keynotes|
|10:15||Timing & Synchronisation in Aviation||EUROCONTROL – Gerhard Berz, Focal Point Navigation Infrastructure|
|10:30||Timing & Synchronisation in Aviation||NATS – John Korna – Head of Technical and Strategic Research|
|10:45||Timing with EGNOS||ESA|
|11:00||eLORAN||Chronos Technology Ltd – Calum Dalmeny, CTO|
|11:15||Satellite Timing and Localisation||Iridium – Tim Last, Vice President & GM, IOT & Aviation Line of Business|
|11:30||Project AvTiming||Telespazio VEGA|
|11:45||Timing & Synchronisation State of the Art||Chronos Technology Ltd – Chris Farrow, Technical Services Manager|
|Afternoon session – Discussion|
|13:00||Use Cases, Requirements, Alternative Solutions||Telespazio VEGA|
|15:00||End of workshop|
Book your place
Registration is free but places are limited. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place. Places at the workshop are limited; please do not book travel until you receive confirmation that your attendance is confirmed. Registration closes Monday 16 March 2020.