An opportunity for an experienced Earth Observation Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK in the area of microwave remote sensing of natural surfaces.
Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment;
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere : theoretical and empirical modeling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions
- R&D in related fields
- Support to the experimental facility
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc in Physics, Remote Sensing or related specialization.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Background in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts
- Experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models
- Good programming skills
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st April 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.