A great opportunity for an experienced Product Assurance and Safety Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on site at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
To support activities related to the execution of the Galileo System Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide PA&S support to the Galileo System Integration and Verification (SIV) activities;
- Review test procedures and test reports;
- Witness test executions and report on the status and major issues;
- Participate in TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
- Support configuration inspections as needed;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations and the preparation of ESA System waivers and deviations;
- Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
- Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentations, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas;
- Provide PA&S support to the GNSS Evolution development activities as required;
- Provide PA&S support to Galileo Security related activities as required;
- Maintain the Office PA&S tools and repositories;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality
- Management System and the implementation of other Management Systems (e.g. Information Security).
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree and a background in space engineering.
- Significant experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Practical experience in using Office PA&S tools and repositories.
- System Integration and Verification (SIV) skills
- Galileo system knowledge
- Galileo Security knowledge
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed,
- A high degree organizational and communication abilities are required
- Ability to work in a diverse and multinational team environment is essential.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more.
Closing Date for applications is 25th July 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.