An experienced Software Architect with a strong Software Development background. Able to architect bespoke software systems, lead development teams through full development lifecycle and prepare technical proposals to win new work.
Responsibilities / Duties
Software Architect & Technical Manager
- System Design Authority – responsible for the overall design of software systems, compliance to requirements and any applicable legislation and acceptance by clients.
- Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
- Management of technical team, including subcontracts if required.
- Technical point of contact with the client
- Production of documents (technical and also development plans)
- Preparation for and presentation of formal technical milestone reviews (e.g. Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test)
- Responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of the project to schedule, budgeted effort and quality requirements.
Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
- Understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
- Specification of the solution, trading off alternatives
- Accurately estimating the effort required to implement the solution (covering the full life-cycle of the project)
- Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
- On occasion, the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in relevant subject with Software Engineering modules or equivalent experience
- Ideally the candidate will have at least 10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in a space engineering domain.
- Technical proposal writing
- Requirements analysis
- Software system design using modern architectures
- Integration and Test
- Software Team leadership
- Accurate software development effort estimation
- Configuration management (Git source code control)
- Good working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Knowledge of Space Ground Segment software domains (Control Centres, Earth Observation)
- UML (Enterprise Architect)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (Jenkins)
- Understanding of virtualisation / cloud based computing
- Web content management (Drupal / PHP)
- Relational database design and solutions (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, SQL)
- Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
- Linux development
- Scripting (e.g. shell, perl, python)
- Strong written and oral communication
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th June 2019
Location of the position is Luton, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.