A newly created role for an experienced engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team onsite at ESTEC, working as an RF payload engineer.
Contributing to the Payload Engineering section (TEC-EFP), providing expertise across many areas of RF payloads including R&D both internally and on industry projects.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF telecommunication and/or navigation payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas,
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload performance,
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development,
- Provide expert RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes,
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and/or navigation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes,
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development,
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools,
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency payloads in the domain of telecommunications and/or navigation,
- Knowledge of end-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis
- Experience on payloads based on digital signal processing,
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies,
- Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python),
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 12th July 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package – covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.