A new opportunity for a senior software engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA, initially based in London for 6 months. Following this period, the work will transfer to our offices in Luton.
The successful engineer would support a team to port all of their software packages to C++ and PostgreSQL on Linux RED Hat 7.4, removing current dependencies from Solaris/Openwindows & Oracle and Fortran code. This will include support to the documentation and testing of the system.
Responsibilities / Duties
The Engineer will be working as part of the client team and will need to maintain a strong working relationship with the team leader. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and designing software changes required by the project.
- Implementing the required software packages and GUI in a Linux Red Hat 7.4 Environment
- Performing acceptance tests and dry-runs.
- Attending meetings and ensuring successful implementation of any actions.
- Support the team with documentation, describing implementation
Qualifications / Experience
- Undergraduate (or higher) Degree on Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Linux/Solaris/Windows distributed computing
- C++ (3-5 years)
- Fortran (5+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle & PostgresSQL
- Software engineering expertise.
- Undertake complex problem analysis, and solution development, in support of duties.
- Space industry Satellite Communications experience.
- Highest levels of professionalism, demonstrated by constant drive to deliver quality outputs.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team worker.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good client relations.
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th May 2019.
Location of the position is London, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.