An opportunity for a Space Industry Professional with experience of market development and business intelligence relevant to space based applications to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ECSAT. Fixed Term Contract from 1 June 2018 to 31 December 2019.
To support the Applications Business Innovation Service in stimulating a range of new applications that utilize and integrate different space assets, resulting in improved or new services for the citizens of Europe on a regional or national scale.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assist in preparation of the ESA Business Applications (BA) Countries and Outreach strategy
- Identify User Communities and their Requirements
- Identify suitable Space capabilities
- Inform and educate potential Users
- Interface with dedicated user groups in accordance with the objectives of ESA Business Applications
- Promote the uptake of new Business Applications projects in identified ESA member states
- Undertake business intelligence analysis in market sectors and specific countries of relevance to TIA
- Assess the impact that technology trends (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, robotics and automation) have in the market and the derived opportunities for space-based business applications
- Undertake outreach activities for establishing contacts with user communities, industry fora, and relevant stakeholders
- 20 Short duration European missions (2 days per trip) during the duration of this contract
- 3 Medium duration European missions to ESTEC (1 week per trip) during the duration of this contract
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Engineering or Economic/Business studies
- Significant experience in market development and business intelligence, preferably applied to some of the market sectors of relevance to space based applications
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, including the main space actors (technology suppliers, satellite operators, service providers)
- Familiarity with the underlying space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and Earth Observation)
- High standard of document drafting;
The following experience are desirable:
- Knowledge of ESA and in particular of TIA space applications programmes;
- Experience in managing space applications activities is desirable.
- Good analytical, strategic and problem solving skills
- Systematic work, creativity and an innovative attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations
- Comfortable in an international working environment
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is: Friday 20th April 2018
Location of the position is: ECSAT, Harwell, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.