An opportunity for an experienced Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Reporting to the Head of Dependability and Safety Section supporting project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc).
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.).
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops.
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox.
- Support preparation of training courses and materials.
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews.
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
Qualifications / Experience
- MSc or equivalent in a relevant science/technical subject.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC
- Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.